Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I Believe

Today we had twelve Holy Hours of Eucharistic Adoration scheduled again, and I took the day off work so I could attend. Each time I make a holy hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament, I can't wait to go back. I feel as though I am drawn, body and soul, with a magnetic pull, to be in the presence of the Lord again.

If we pause to dwell on the miraculous reality that Jesus is truly present, waiting for us there in all his divinity, how can we not elicit in our hearts a response of wonder and awe at this great marvel?

Adoration is a time for thanksgiving to God for the blessings in our lives, for His love and presence, and for His grace and His help in our trials and tribulations. If we take time to dwell on this, our hearts will swell with gratitude and thanksgiving to God our Creator, for these most wondrous graces.

Today, as I always do, I petitioned the Lord for graces for those for whom I always pray. The greatest blessing we can receive is that of redemption and eternal salvation. With acute clarity, I was made to understand that there is nothing on this earth that is worth throwing away the most precious grace of eternal salvation.

I am most thankful for my Catholic faith. I often say I can sum up all the Catholic faith teaches in just two words.

I believe.

1 comment:

Speedmaster said...

Wonderful sentiments. Glad I found your blog. You were kind enough to respond to a post I made on the Catholic forum yesterday, thanks and Merry Christmas!

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/