Sunday, January 14, 2007

Making a Good Confession


I have come across a really good examination of conscience that I think is worthwhile to share. It stresses the importance of preparation, and going to confession with a contrite, humble and sincere heart. How often do people treat confession lightly, and make it a pit stop between their other obligations? We are advised to make every confession as though we are on our deathbed, and this requires a thorough examination of conscience.

This is a great list to use to realize all the possible ways that we sin against each commandment. It even includes the commandments of the church, the six sins against the Holy Ghost, the seven deadly sins, the four sins crying to heaven for vengeance, and the different ways we can be an accessory to another's sins. I think if I start to use this list, every confession I make will be like a death bed confession!

No comments: