Tuesday, April 17, 2007
The Great Canadian Game
I'm Canadian, so that makes me a hockey fan. I found this on Paul Nichol's blog, and couldn't pass it up! I'm rooting for the Vancouver Canucks, of course!
Why Hockey is the perfect Catholic Sport:
- The penalty box is called the "Sin Bin"
- If you do something really bad, it's a given that some serious
temporal punishment is coming your way.
- The gravity of your offense determines your time in the penalty box.
- They have a penalty called cross-checking.
- A Zamboni is like a "confession-mobile;" it cleans the ice of all
imperfections between periods.
- Blood is shed regularly.
And the #1 reason that Hockey is the perfect Catholic sport is:
- When you win it all, you get the "CUP".