Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blogger Reflections

Blogger Reflection Award: this award should make an individual reflect upon five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and who have provided a Godly example. In other words, five dear bloggers whom, when you reflect upon them, you are filled with a sense of pride and joy. . .of knowing them and being blessed by them.


My good friend Anita Moore from V for Victory has named me for the Bloggers Reflection Award, which, as you can see, is one given by the recipient to five more bloggers who mean something to you. Now, Anita would definitely be on that list, but since she has passed it on to me, I will in turn name five others whose blogs, friendship and writings are a blessing to me.

First, there is Terry Nelson who writes two blogs that I just love. Abbey Roads is well written and funny; it's like a daily surprise of offbeat humour and meanderings. The spiritual side of Terry is shown at Abbey Roads 2, with wonderful, meaningful reflections and observations. Terry finds lots to write about and he does it very well.

My good friend Karin who writes Wife and Mom of Two is more than just another blogger to me. Karin and I met on a Catholic discussion board and have been buddies ever since. We're both gardeners, and I'm hoping to meet Karin when I'm in Boston next month. She has a great sense of humour and writes about subjects of interest to me.

Angela Messenger, who happens to live in the same province as me (we're not the only two Catholic bloggers in BC are we, Angela?) has a great blog that is always on my list of first stops when I make my blogging rounds. Angela sets a good example of Christian charity on her blog that I find a welcome relief in the blogosphere.

Tom Fitzpatrick at Recta Ratio has a very uplifting and spiritual blog with lots of fantastic photos of traditional liturgical art that are very inspiring. There's no option to place comments on his blog, so I never got the chance to tell him before this that I love his blog! There's some Catholic history on every page, too.

And there's Lynne over at A Quiet Catholic, a blog that lives up to its name in its subtle and gentle approach to blogging. Lynne went out of her way to find a Saturday Vigil Mass for me to attend when I'm in Boston next month. Thanks Lynne, it was wonderful to have your help!

Now when you're done basking in your Reflections Award, each of you can think of your own inspirational bloggers you would like to honour.

3 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

I'm completely speechless! This is one of the nicest things anyone could say about me! Thank you!

(Now I have to do the same thing?)

Karin said...

I have to go with Terry here...I am totally stunned!
Thank you! I am still wondering what I did to deserve this , but I am not going to question it too much ;) Thank you again, give me a bit and my speech will come back.

Anonymous said...

Make that 3 stunned recipients!

At times you and I have disagreed about some issues (pants to Mass being one of them LOL!) but your blog is one that I check every day. I was even hoping you might blog once or twice when you went on holidays!

Thank you very much for the mention!