Thursday, July 19, 2007

Full Bloom

More of my garden , my main hobby (outside of blogging, of course)

Yellow lilies, just starting to bloom.


I can't remember the name of this, but I do remember planting it. I think.


This pink bush is a Tamarisk, very lovely. It's young still, but will get quite large.


These purple flowers are volunteers that I decided to leave, just to see what they would turn out like. Can anyone identify them? Foxglove?


Red Astilbe, one of my favourites for low maintenance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THos elovely purple flowers are in the Campunella (sp?) family...I have a similar one but it grows low to the ground.
ANd the 2nd pic. looks like an Echinechia (sp?) hybrid ..

jim klasz said...

I think picture two is Galliardia

paramedicgirl said...

Jim, you're right, they are Glliardia. I was trying to remember the name of them. Thanks!

Karin, I was wondering if those purple flowers were Campanula. They just showed up in my garden and I decided to leave them. Sometimes it's interesting to do that. A grab bag of surprises!