Thursday, March 27, 2008

Paul Scofield, RIP

Paul Scofield died last week. Leave me alone. I can't help it I'm always a week behind. They never tell me anything here.

Don't know if he was Catholic, but he played St. Thomas More in one of my favorite films, A Man for All Seasons. It's a very traddy Catholic movie. Calling protties heretics and asserting the superiority of the Church over the state. Way cool.

You should buy it. It's cheap.

Here's a clip of More's final speech before the court. Notice what a blowhard Cromwell is. He's the one that stands up and says, "Now we plainly see you are malicious." Heh. I can say from personal experience that Cromwell sucks.



Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Amen.

3 comments:

Michele said...

err, pardon me for my ignorance, but who is paul scofield?

paramedicgirl said...

Ah, they removed access to the video. Now I'll have to buy the movie to see Paul Scofield call protties heretics.

The Rockin' Traddy said...

One of my favorite films, and that was even before I came back to the faith!

In his honour, on my blog I shall try to call protties heretics at least once daily from this day hence.