Monday, August 25, 2008

Sister Vanity

An Italian priest is organizing a beauty pageant for nuns, with over one thousand entries expected. It's disgraceful. I thought nuns had a spiritual mission to pray for the Church, in particular, to be part of the spiritual army of prayer warriors that intercede with God for good, holy priests. Apparently this particular priest thinks the contest will help attract young women to a vocation as a nun. Here's a news flash for you, Father. We need nuns who pray and set a good example of holiness, chastity and humility. There is not enough of that to go around.

7 comments:

Michele said...

hi sis! come on over to my blog and see my new look!

Tom in Vegas said...

I'm wondering how all of this will unfold and what other sources will speak out on the inherent inappropriateness of the whole thing.

There is no question about the fact that a better way could have been devised.

Shirley said...

Hopefully no nuns will be stupid enough to enter; if they do, I say kick 'em out of the convent! This is another attempt to undermine and modernise our holy Church.

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, I laughed so hard at your comment! I now have this image burned into my retinas of flying nuns getting the boot. Should be good to make me chuckle all day!

VSO said...

Monastics are supposed to search for humility. What is the point of this exercise in sin?

Gabe said...

Thankfully, the thing has been cancelled. Momentary lapse of good sense on the part of the priest I guess.

paramedicgirl said...

Gabe, that is good news. It is a good example of obedience.