Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two are better than one

Salve Regina has been given two nice little awards from fellow bloggers. The first is the Honest Scrap Award from American Rumpo Blog, Thanks Simplex Vir!


and the other is the True Heart Award from Aussie Coffee Shop. Thanks Therese!



In accepting the Honest Scrap Award there are 3 requirements. The 1st (and most natural thing to do) is to thank the person who bestowed the award upon my humble little blog and to link back to theirs.

The second requirement is to share "ten honest things" about myself. That is hard for me, but here goes:

1) When I was about eleven years old, I found the Mass boring. I used to amuse myself counting the flowers on the ladies' dresses who were seated in front of me.

2) I stopped going to Mass when I was thirteen and didn't go back until I was in my twenties. I still didn't have a clue what it meant to be Catholic, but I knew it was where where I wanted to be.

3) Even when I was living a sinful life away from the Church, I always felt a sense of awe whenever I passed by a Catholic Church.

4) When I was thirteen, our house burned to the ground and we lost everything in the fire, including our beloved Collie dog.

5) I ran up the stairs to get our dog out; I knew he was hiding under my brother's bed, and my neighbour pulled me back outside when I was half-way up the stairs. She saved my life, but for years I was mad at her because I thought I could have saved our dog.

6) Two things I couldn't get enough of as a child - swimming and ice cream!

7) I have been a paramedic for seven years. I love the patients, but the paramedics mostly seem to be triple type A personalities. It's good for humility, but high for stress.

8) I often forget to pray for my patients. I often pray for my patients.

9) I used to think code three driving (lights and sirens) was fun, but now I see it as dangerous.

10) I never thought I would want to quit being a paramedic, but now I look forward to retirement.

The third thing to do - Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.

Here's my seven -
V for Victory
Seeking Jesus
A Maiden's Wreath
That the Bones You Have Crushed May Thrill
Saint Philomena's Garden
Catholic Cartoon Blog
Athanasius Contra Mundum

And the fourth requirement -Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it. This I will do over the next few days, as I am in the middle of my work block.

Now, the True Hearts Award, I pass on to everyone on my blogroll, so if you see your blog listed there, copy the heart image and feel free to post it on your blog! Here's the message that goes with it:

The true hearts award is:

"Those who receive this award are of the sweetest nature. They are kind, friendly, funny, loving, eager to share their love for Jesus with others, and brave in their efforts to reflect Him to this darkened world. They are the kind of folks you're blessed to know, even if it's only in the bloggy-sphere."

4 comments:

Therese said...

I am glad you got the honest scrap award as well.

I enjoyed reading your 10 things. How scary to have your dog die in a fire. I sure am glad the neighbour pulled you away.

Michele said...

well, here is the best award, the family award. you and shirley get my best sister award. i love you both dearly. i miss you both:( God bless you!

Anita Moore said...

Why thank you! (Not so sure about the sweet nature angle, though...)

Shirley said...

Thanks! I'll get right on that....
that's too funny about counting the flowers!