The first talk was on leadership, and according to Father Corapi, the moral fabric of our society is rotten! No surprise there, we already knew that, right?
Here are some of Father Corapi's inspiring quotes. If you ever get the chance to hear him speak, don't pass it up. He's an incredibly inspiring fire & brimstone Catholic priest.
Lead by example
Education and formation for those in your care
Attitude- have and instill the right attitude
Discipline- no discipline, no victory
Empower those entrusted to you
Receive and respect input
Sacrifice- no blood, no sweat, no tears, no victory
Humility- no humility, no holiness, no heaven
Inspire those in your care
Plan, prepare, practice
1. If you don't do it, who will?
2. Poor leadership is punishment for sin.
3. Poor, weak kneed, spineless, leadership at every level
4. Bad leadership is the price for infidelity to God.
Day two was dedicated to answering questions that people wrote in advance and submitted. There were a variety of subjects, and here are some of the outstanding quotes.
1. Seek Humility. Humility leads to holiness, and holiness leads to heaven.
2. When you pray...trust! Trust is like a container that you bring to the wellspring of mercy. The bigger the container, the greater the mercy.
3. If God gives you a mission, He will give you the gifts to accomplish it.
4. My motto is NOT, "Don't rock the boat." My motto is "Shoot torpedos if necessary!"
5. On forgiveness - You have to be merciful in order to obtain mercy.
We felt truly blessed to have the opportunity to attend this retreat. Father Corapi requested all of us to pray for priests. He said, "We need your prayers." Here is the prayer that Holy Family Parish, the host church, prays at every Mass. You can offer this prayer right now for the souls and benefit of priests.
For Holy Church and Priests
O my Jesus, I beg You on behalf of the whole Church:
Grant it love and the light of Your Spirit
And give power to the words of priests
So that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance
And return to You, O Lord.
Lord, give us holy priests
You Yourself maintain them in holiness.
O Divine and Great High Priest
May the power of Your mercy accompany them everywhere
And protect them from the devil's traps and snares,
Which are continually being set for the souls of priests.
May the power of Your mercy, O Lord
Shatter and bring to naught
All that might tarnish the sanctity of priests,
For You can do all things.
I ask You Jesus for a special blessing
And for light for the priests
Before whom I will make my confessions
Throughout my lifetime. Amen.