Here's a little checklist for heaven I came across- by Saint Alphonsus Liquori. Of course, this great Doctor of the Church doesn't call it a checklist; rather, he says these practices are a means of preserving your soul in a state of grace. I tend to think of them as a stairway to heaven, one that takes a lot of practice to climb without falling off.
1. Hearing Mass every day
2. Meditating on the Eternal Truths
3. Frequenting the Sacraments of Penance and the Eucharist at least every eight days
4. Visting the Blessed Sacrament every day
5. Visiting an image of the Blessed Mother daily, with attendance at her Confraternity
6. Daily spiritual reading
7. Daily examination of conscience
8. Having some kind of special devotion to the Blessed Virgin, along with fasting every Saturday in her honour
9. Most importantly, resolve to recommend yourself frequently to God and the Blessed Virgin, and frequently invoke, in times of temptation, the sacred names of Jesus and Mary, for these are the names by which you will secure a happy death and eternal life.
The practice of these devotions will be for you, says the holy Doctor, a sign of your predestination.