Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wish list

Currently, the Canadian dollar sits at about $0.78 US. That means we are paying almost 25% more for items priced in US dollars. Just two short months ago, our currency was very close to being equal.

Wouldn't you know, I just found something I wish I had come across when our Loonie was actually worth something - a gem of a little booklet titled The Rosary Album but it's priced in US currency, so it'll have to wait. As always, when I come across a treasure like this, I will be ordering more than one, and giving several copies away to my readers who want to be able to avoid distractions while praying the rosary.



A VISUAL AND SCRIPTURAL MEDITATION ON THE ROSARY.

A top favorite of young children and adults! Booklet includes over 200 original black and white illustrations (one for each bead!) by the late Mr. Michael Buccino. The artist began these drawings to help his children meditate more easily on the Rosary. "I came up with the idea that if they had a book with pictures it might keep their minds on meditating while they were praying and would be better able to concentrate on the Rosary. So I got started working on the Rosary Album, which took me 18 years to put together. The book has brought the rosary to life."

There is a picture and scripture verse for each bead. The Litany of Our Lady (with illustrations) is also woven into each mystery. For all ages.

7 comments:

Clare said...

That is such a wonderful book. It's visually lovely, and has been such a help to me in meditating on the Rosary. I want to get around to buying a few additional copies to save for my future kiddies.

owenswain said...

Here, in my part of Canada where we rank with the highest unemployment rating in the nation our poor dollar is a boon. Such is life in a border city. People were moaning when we were at par.

I have a number of rosary books but this one looks good. In our now one consistent salary home we've cut back on quite a bit. I'd be happy to swap you for an original drawing if that seems appropriate when you get around to ordering you extra copies.

paramedicgirl said...

Hey Owen, that sounds good! As soon a our dllar is more comparable with the US currency, I will be ordering these little books. Stay tuned.

Michele said...

frank needs a copy of that:)

owenswain said...

In case I miss a note on your blog, please email me when it happens and let me know what you'd like a little drawing of.

paramedicgirl said...

M, I will place Frank on my list of who to give one to. I have to wait until the dollar is worth at least $.90 though.

Anonymous said...

Towards the end of September I renewed my subscription to Magnificat when the Canadian dollar was around 93 cents US. I'm sure glad I didn't dither, because about two or three days later the loonie started taking a dive.