Friday, October 03, 2008

You Tube Reposts Desecration Videos

What's with You Tube? They pulled the Eucharistic desecration videos after over 18,000 peope worldwide petitioned them in a complaint, and now the videos are back up. You can go to their site and flag every video as offensive by clicking on them individually, and citing them as hate material. I did just that – (I paused the videos so I wouldn’t have to be exposed to their vile content). It is a bit time consuming, but I copied the text of the letter below into the space provided for comments.

Please read the new petition letter written by America Needs Fatima below, and go to their link to sign it.

To YouTube:

18,201 people have respectfully petitioned you to remove the offensive videos showing the Holy Eucharist being desecrated posted on YouTube by user fsmdude, (even flushing one down a toilet).

These videos not only seem to violate YouTube hate policies, but should not be posted as they are offensive to God and demeaning to Catholics and the Roman Catholic faith.
Moreover, your pulling the videos on October 1, then reposting them seems to signal that you agree with these videos’ deep anti-Catholic bias. After all, it seems you have pulled videos with content offensive to Jews and Muslims.

It seems you removed a video showing the desecration of a Holocaust memorial and a trailer to a Dutch documentary that claims Islam inspires murder and terror.
But Catholic bashing seems to be acceptable.

I therefore vehemently protest your decision to give a platform for anti-Catholic bigotry. I will urge my friends and family to protest YouTube for as long as it takes, until you change this decision, and no longer facilitate blasphemous postings.

3 comments:

owenswain said...

Again, I have written them personally; press@youtube.com

The I took the time go to each video and vote one star for it, the lowest one can vote and Flagged them each as under the Hateful or Abusive. It took some time but considering what Christ has done for me this is nothing, nothing at all.

paramedicgirl said...

Owen I also flagged each video as hateful. It took about half an hour, but as you say, that is nothing compared to what Jesus has done for us. Please, everyone, take the time to do the same.

Shirley said...

I signed the new petition but won't be going to You Tube; I don't want to validate the guy.