Sunday, December 31, 2006

Giving Thanks

Today I resisted the temptation to slip my fantasy bulletin notice into the Sunday bulletin at my Novus Ordo church. We are a fairly isolated community, with about one hundred Church-going parishioners, and when our previous priest, who was from Africa, left us, there was some talk about us becoming a mission parish.

During the elevation of the host, a thought occurred to me, that I should be very thankful to have a priest who took up residence here and is available to perform the sacraments and say the Mass on a daily basis. All things considered, he prays the Mass with reverence, and is very kind to everyone. He's even instituted adoration every Wednesday, and initiated First Friday and First Saturday devotions.

Yes, we still have the things I complained about in my fantasy bulletin, but that is largely the fault of the people who try to run the show. We could have been a mission parish, and I'm grateful for our priest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't you ask your priest if you can leave it for everyone to see? Grin...