From A Catholic Mom in Hawaii, here's an excellent post on What Makes a Saint.
Here are a few of the maxims A Catholic Mom presents:
1. No matter what happens, try to let no displeasure appear.
2. If possible, attend daily Mass and secure God's blessing on your work.
3. Bear daily annoyances in a spirit of resignation in your imitation of the Mother of Sorrows.
4. You are aching to tell a bit of news. Wait an hour; it will keep.
5. Are you in a bad humor? Laugh if possible.
Go to her blog to read the rest!